I've really "worked" at my summer wardrobe this year, as silly as that sounds to say. I always find myself disappearing into high street stores in May and June, emerging with £50 worth of tops and tees that get worn once and are shoved into a bag in the spare room thrown away only months later. This time around I've picked out a few key pieces I know I'll wear to death, starting with this off the shoulder top from Madewell.

outfit details at the base of this post

For those who don't already know of Madewell, it's J Crew's slightly hipper little sister. If you're a bit like me and don't like to stray too far from the norm - but want to try out the boho look - make this brand your new go-to. They make gorgeous quality boho pieces as well as having strong denim collections here and accessories here. They're yet to bring a store to the UK, but you can ship a very good edit of the collection at Net A Porter here.

outfit details at the base of this post

Other favourites from their collections this year... where to start?!  This black paisley top is gorgeous, imagine it with a tan and some ripped up denim shorts and black sandals? I have this jumpsuit and think it's so, so flattering (and you can wear a bra with it, despite the peep hole), I'll get it up on the blog as soon as poss. These shorts are lush, paired with white tees and vests. Finally make this stripe shirt and this checked one your ultimate weekend basics... (disable your ad blocker to view the carousel below)


L:R

outfit details at the base of this post

My accessories are great examples to show you don't need to buy loads to get the boho-look all summer. My shoes are from Tory Burch via The Outnet (a great way to shop on a budget, without worrying a lot of polyester/plastic cr*p will arrive), have a look at their full offering here. I'm a little bit obsessed with these, and have worn them constantly ever since getting hold of them - the blue really pops out, they're super comfortable and were half price.

outfit details at the base of this post

The bag is from a brand called Star Mela that seems to be cropping up all over the place - they're really good for boho stuff that doesn't break, or break the bank. I bought it from Anthropologie last year, and have found similars on ASOS here and them again here.


The sunglasses are from Gucci, and it's actual love. I got them before the whole phenomenon kicked off and was a bit worried about wearing them as the brand wasn't exactly cool. Now, they're the things all my friends are trying to steal from me. You can get them in khaki-glass here, but the reds are pretty much sold out - or Shopbop have these for half price. The next closest thing I've found are these for £12 from ASOS, in case the green won't do.

Outfit details
bracelets, astley clarke / rings, Crux London

Photos taken using an Olympus PEN EP-L7 from John Lewis here.