Happy Sunday everybody! This weekend is a very quiet one for me. Last week my body sort of went "umph" and I had to rest up and do very little. It's taken me years to realise it's ok to do that; the world isn't going to end if you walk away from your desk. Sometimes you need to just sit back, calm and listen to your body. 

outfit details at the base of this post

When I did eventually surface out of the house, I went for the most basic of all basic outfits. This look is very "me on a Sunday" as it's easy, comfortable and ready for all eventualities. Firstly, the top. It's from the Zara sale I found it right at the back of a rail a few weeks ago (it has sold out but I dug out this from ASOS for £12 for you). Boho tops are just a blessing from above when you want to look like you've made an effort, when in fact you fell out of bed into it...

outfit details at the base of this post

The trousers are from Monsoon, my winning brand of the summer. I've long been a fan of cargo pants, and have owned these Gap slim fit ones for ages. These Monsoon ones are ace; little bit roomier and have a really nice detail on the leg. They're the kind of things that go with everything - they look amazing with a denim shirt, or grey tee shirts or even as a neutral to go with a more patterned top or blazer. I am going to upgrade to a J Crew pair (here) at some point because everyone tells me they're brilliant, but for now these will do me just fine. I guess what I'm trying to say in my round-the-houses fashion is that every girl does need a pair...

outfit details at the base of this post

Shoes wise, I really struggle to do smart casual with footwear but these Topshop flats were a bit of a find. They're genuinely a joy to wear (coming from someone who lives in trainers that's quite a compliment) and make you feel like you've dressed up a bit when you can still run about all day...

outfit details at the base of this post

Lastly but not least, my bag. long time readers will know I'd been stalking Vestiaire Collective for a Neverfull for nearly a year. The number of times one came available, I missed it and I cried - it's probably not a good idea to dwell on it... I wanted a vintage one because the new ones are made from plastic, and I kind of feel if you're investing in a bag you want real leather. Finally one came up in my price range and I got my hands on it. We've lived happily ever after ever since.

outfit details at the base of this post

I hope you all have lovely weeks ahead of you. I'm going to check out Croatia's new festival island called Obonjan for a few days. Follow me over on Instagram here to see what I get up to!

Outfit Details
flats = as worn, Topshop / similar in silver / similar in blue

Photos taken on a Canon 5D from John Lewis here.