dress, Karen Millen (available as a top here and skirt here) / shoes, LK Bennett 

Last week we decided to escape and visit Dubai (as anyone who follows my Instagram here will already know, sorry) and after a day relaxing by the pool at Four Seasons DIFC we went up to their rooftop bar for drinks before meeting some friends. Dubai is a lot more "dressy" than London, so I used it as an excuse to wear a dress I'd been saving for wedding season for the occasion. 

dress, Karen Millen (available as a top here and skirt here) / shoes, LK Bennett 

Before I bang on about how much I love this dress, I really must mention the bar. The hotel has only just opened so it's a bit of a hidden gem, if anyone lives in Dubai I really recommend paying it a visit. We were there on Friday night and it was nicely busy; not too packed but full enough to give it credit that it's becoming a place to be. Details here. I had my first Aperol of the year (I now benchmark the start of summer with this occasion) and happily paraded around the terrace in my Dress Of Dreams.

dress, Karen Millen (available as a top here and skirt here) / shoes, LK Bennett / sunglasses, RayBan

It really is a bit special, I spied it at their press day ages ago and was determined to get my hands on it. I love that it's high street, it oozes designer quality and reminds me of much more expensive brands like Self Portrait and Vilshenko with the lace detailing. I'm usually not one for floral prints, but somehow the blue makes it less girly and more doable for me. Find it here, and it also comes as a two piece with a top here and skirt here (the skirt is firmly on the wish list, imagine it with a black shirt and pumps!?).

dress, Karen Millen (available as a top here and skirt here) / shoes, LK Bennett 

I paired it with my favourite suede pumps (which are currently 30% off here) which I've had since the start of the year. The yellow matches perfectly, and they're super comfortable - at home I wear them with jeans and a tee all the time! I am so impressed with Karen Millen's offering for this season, I'd never have thought so many dresses would be on my must have list. Here are a few more that can't be missed (below, turn off your ad blocker to see the content, or click the links beneath).


Hope you managed to enjoy the UK sunshine this past weekend, can't believe we're back to rain already!