This season there isn't a whole load of totally new things going on. In fact, you could probably get by only buying 4 or 5 things if you're that bothered about staying on trend. That said, one thing does seem to have popped out of nowhere - the need for a leopard print satin midi skirt, and the need to ooze cool in it. Cue panic. 

jumper, Mango / skirt, ASOS / trainers, Adidas / bag, Celine via Vestiaire Collective

I am 5 foot 3 and two thirds, and have the kind of shape that can look two dress sizes different depending on what I'm wearing. I suddenly seem to have boobs that are here to stay, having hoped they were just a summer event, and I don't exercise half as much as I'd like because I'm time poor slash lazy. I also like carbs and no matter how much I tell myself every, single Monday morning I will absolutely steal the toast you don't eat at breakfast. What I am trying to say here is; satin skirts aren't an immediately obvious choice and chunky jumpers are my nemesis. I often end up looking like a front row player, if you're a rugby fan you'll know what that means - if you aren't; the ones with the ears. However, as I discovered in the Topshop changing rooms, I can do it. Here's how;