A couple of weeks ago I was walking the dog past Bimba y Lola in Hampstead and spied this dress in the window. For some unknown reason I had never gone into one of their stores before, but for the following few days I "oohed" at the window and by the weekend I popped in to try it on. I had completely assumed the brand was very expensive, but it really isn't. Whats more the dress was very reduced in the sale, find it here.

outfit details at the base of this post

Lopez had a great time with the lovely staff who were very happy to mind him whilst I proceeded to try on everything in the shop. I very nearly walked out with 200 things (this dress and this dress were seriously close purchases) but managed to limit it to just the yellow dress and some brilliant little sandals which were all reduced - to £19 - find them here.

outfit details at the base of this post

Yellow is a really tricky colour to wear unless you have darker skin, so as soon as I get the slightest hint of a tan I bring it all out of the cupboard. I don't know if it's an actual "thing" but I feel so happy when wearing yellow, there is something really liberating and brave about it. The cut of this dress is so classic too, I know I'm going to have it for years and years...


I really would recommend taking a closer look at Bimba y Lola, I'm kicking myself for not giving it a go sooner. They have some really good basic sweaters, work-suitable dresses and this shirt is a dead ringer for a much more expensive Equipment one I spotted in Berlin (where these photos were taken). Check out the whole collection here.

Outfit details
sunglasses = as worn, Fendi

Photos taken using an Olympus PEN EP-L7 from John Lewis here and the 45mm lens here.