Ahh, going back to this day makes me so happy. We'd just sailed into Capri on a spontaneous travel detour and decided to make camp for a couple of nights. Neither of us had been before and it had always been on our bucket lists. Arriving into Marina Grande was every bit as special as you'd hope, and the taxi ride over to our little hotel in Ana Capri had some of the most breathtaking views I'd ever seen.

outfit details at the base of this post

We stayed at Hotel Orsa Maggiore which is absolutely amazing. All the options were either incredibly expensive or hostel-like so we were a little apprehensive as to why we could afford this one, and in truth we still can't really work it out. It's a really beautiful family owned guest house, with a gorgeous pool. The rooms were beautiful and just outside the town rather than off a market square, which most of the others seems to be. I'd definitely recommend staying in sleepy Anacapri if you're looking for a more relaxed break.

outfit details at the base of this post

These snaps were taken from our balcony and I just remember feeling so incredibly content. We later wandered around the area somewhat aimlessly, which is exactly what you should do in a place like Capri. The backstreets, pretty little boutiques, restaurants - couldn't get enough of it. Without a doubt one of the most special places I've ever been.

outfit details at the base of this post

And of course, my outfit. This dress is another brilliant holiday-throw-on from Monsoon. I've always wanted a black summer dress, I think they're so chic and perfect for a European beach break. I felt like someone from a film in it! That said, it's unbelievably comfortable and being black means that it hid a multitude of sins (by this point I was about seven days - so probably ten pizzas and twenty ice creams - down). I cannot recommend it enough, get one here - and hurry as it's already sold out once...

Outfit Details

Photos taken using an Olympus PEN EP-L7 from John Lewis here and the 45mm lens here.