Those of you who have started following me on Snapchat (annaelerihart) will know the last week was pretty full on... Moving house, balancing work with all the stuff that goes with not being able to find spoons or hairbrushes in the 2000 boxes you've piled into your living room, and remembering to do things like be a dog mummy is actually pretty tiring. As a bit of a treat I decided to go "out out" for a couple of cocktails on Saturday evening to celebrate not having to change address for the foreseeable future (both of us have lived in three places this year, so we're staying put for a while) ...


outfit details at the base of this post

I wore the dress I've actually picked out for one of the weddings this month - I don't really believe in buying something for one occasion (as my wedding guest dress edit here waxes lyrical about). It's from Reiss here, and is such an easy one to wear. The colour can be really dressed up or down depending on where you're going (for more of Reiss' mint offering see here). I love the fit of it; it sort of skims your shape rather than being tight or loose and I feel really confident in it - a rare thing in any kind of formal/fancy clothing.


outfit details at the base of this post

I'm going to wear my bright blue L.K.Bennett shoes (here, and they're super reduced now, annoyingly for me) with it a the wedding, paired with this Mango clutch I bought yesterday (see the base of this post for my edit on Mango's clutch bag offering as it's the best in the business at the moment...). Equally, mint green looks great with denim so you could wear it for date nights with a jean jacket (my favourite one is from River Island here) and flat pumps rather than going totally "dressed up."


outfit details at the base of this post

With this outfit I wore my new Mango shoes (also a purchase yesterday) which I am delighted with. For a start just take a look at how similar they are to these Chloe ones, which are £500 more expensive. As someone who owns both "types" I can honestly say the Mango ones do not seem all that different... And they're £24.99 here (flat versions here). Ooh and underwear wise, I've been testing out how durable this Marks and Spencer adhesive strapless bra is - and give it a firm 10 out of 10... No strap at the back and keeps everything where it should be!

outfit details at the base of this post

Last but not least, the jewellery. Without outfits like this it's the accessories that really do the work. My Astley Clarke bracelets stack is my fail safe and luckily the gems I have pair really well with the colour of this dress. They actually have a sale on at the moment so pieces like this gold/woven one and this bright blue charm piece are half price - take a look at the full collection here. Other important mentions include my pinky ring which I made at The Workbench earlier this year (seriously wish I was spending my Sunday doing this today, such a cool way to spend a few hours) and my Monica Vinader Riva ring - a gift from my late grandmother for my 30th...

outfit details at the base of this post

Outfit details