So it's pay day and it's a bank holiday weekend - winner! Can't believe how quickly the year is going - or how many weddings we've got this year.  It's really easy to get carried away in the summer months, especially when you have outfits to plan for. I've got two friends' weddings in Italy and a spatter of ones in the UK between now and September.  I've been on the look out for outfits that are "special" enough but won't break the bank - or are worthy investments. I'm not a natural "dress up" girl so I find this kind of stuff really challenging. So here is my stab at it... This is going to be a long post so please pop the kettle on and settle in...

needle and thread SS16, see below

English Garden Party Reception

One of our friends is having an English garden party on the river before their wedding abroad, so I thought I'd buy something for that and the two weddings (two different groups of friends, I hold the camera, no one will ever know) I have in the UK. I wanted something I'd feel really good in, would work not matter the weather and was pastel coloured without looking cheap (which I find is a genuine problem with pale coloured clothes). Mango needs a serious mention as their efforts are outstanding; this nude mini is great, as is this midi floral print and you could consider getting married in this!

dresses: long sleeved lace, the outnet / blue and white dress, topshoptaupe lace mini dress, alice and olivia / multicolour dress, L.K.Bennettnude mini lace dress, mango
accessories: clutch bag, Reisslight pink heels, L.K.Bennett / pink clutch, Sophie Hulme

Having searched high and low I've gone for this L.K.Bennett dress. It's very bright (the pinks and light blues come out a little more than the pictures show) but the fit is super flattering for me - and will hide a lot of wedding-cake-binging sessions. It's more than I would usually spend on a dress, but the detailing is beautiful and I know I'll get several wears from it. Shoe wise, I'll no doubt wear my ever-faithful Jimmy Choo Agnes' or LK Bennett Florets as they are the only heels I can wear all day...

Needle and Thread

I wanted to highlight one particular brand because if you don't know about it you really, really should. Meet Needle and Thread. When I get married, whatever decade in the future that may be in, I'm demanding that every single girl who attends wears one of these, I'm completely obsessed. They're really well known in the fash-pack down here in London but still quite new on the scene across the country - so be one of the first and get one. I have a navy midi dress from them (very similar to this) and I wear it every time I get a chance...


Stocked on Net A Porter here, their maxi dresses are perfect for everything wedding from bridal to minion in the back row. This one is £350 and to be honest I'd believe someone if they told me it had another zero on the end (compare it to this £1000 Valentino and you get my drift). My favourites are above, and I really think you'll spot me in one of them for one of the Italian evening events.  Ooh and this skirt is on the wish list, with exclamation marks and underlining... Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if they jack up their prices soon so get one whilst they're still reasonable!

Italian Wedding Outfits

I have visions of us all walking up to the church looking like a Dolce and Gabbana advert, for both weddings (craving this dress, for that exact purpose). To me, Italian weddings mean deeper, richer colours and a little more "oomph." I'm thinking deep colours; reds, navys etc - and really enjoyed having a look.

dresses: red lace dress, Warehouse / navy maxi dress, Reiss / black and red lace, the outnet / navy lace maxi, Topshop / blue dress, Reiss
accessories: red lace ups, L.K.Bennett / earrings, Astley Clarkecross body, J Crew 

Self Portrait dresses are all the rage, but having bought one and sent it back due to the quality I'm not prepared to try them again. I found this red dress from Warehouse which is very similar, and not far off is this blue lace one dress from Reiss. The OutNet is a really good place to look; this dress is exactly what I need. I really love the vibrant blue of this dress too. Phew, am exhausted! Hope this post was useful for you too - it's helped me whittle it down to a couple but if you have any finds let me know!