outfit credits at the base of this post

I don't need to tell you anymore about my Morocco trip, at risk of being unfollowed and/or blocked on the internets (but it was so awesome, just so awesome). However, one of the reasons for the trip hasn't been fully explained. When we were asked by Net A Porter to show our readers our favourite summer wardrobe pieces we thought we'd tie it all in together and shoot it whilst away... Our first job (isn't it ridiculous that this is a work task) was to pick out a pair of shoes that we thought could carry us through the season...

outfit credits at the base of this post

I picked out these Chloe heels, I'd been after them for ages and when this opportunity came up I doubt the girls at Net had ever been emailed back in a quicker time! For me, they really do with everything. They're the reverse-neutral; they have so many colours in them you can wear them with anything. I can also report that they really are incredibly comfortable. I completely understand that they're a high price point but it's good to treat yourself once in a while, no? If you really can't stretch that far, fear not, Topshop have made some dead ringer heels here and flats here.

outfit credits at the base of this post

What was really important to me in this post was to show readers that Net A Porter isn't all £5000 dresses (although it is fun to have a look at these, do so here). They do have some really good price-conscious options too. I get a lot of my basics from them, by that I mean pieces I pay a little more than high street for but for good reason as I'm going to live in them for seasons to come. This MiH Jeans skirt is the perfect example. As long as my aging knees will let me, I'll be wearing this with everything from flowing printed shirts to little vests and tees.. 

outfit credits at the base of this post

The vest is gorgeously soft and from Rag and Bone. Very much thought of as the epitome of urban New York, its often forgotten that the force behind this brand are British expats. I count them as one of the best for buying my staple "must haves." This vest's chunky knit is such a cool finishing touch, and I love it. I've worn it constantly since getting my mitts on it. Find it here

outfit credits at the base of this post

I wore my failsafe jewellery pieces; my Astley Clarke bracelets never come off! I have a couple of new additions though; my turquoise moon charm bracelet might just be my new favourite thing ever. Other bangles include a simple string with a charm my parents bought me in Spain, and my Halcyon Days gold cuff... Definitely helps me get the whole "boho" vibe going... My pinky finger has a new friend too, and it's very special. My boyfriend and I made it! We went to The Workbench London a few months ago and spent an evening creating our design. It was his Christmas present to me, and a very good one at that... 

Outfit details
Vest: Rag and Bone vest / similar ASOS vest (£8!) / similar Moon River / ASOS vest
Skirt: MiH Jeans skirt / similar Mango one / similar Topshop Unique one