A few weeks ago Rosie and I popped down to Selfridges to see their spectacular Body Studio, the company's largest ever department. It focuses on wellbeing, fitness and body care with everything from clothing, to an in-house spinning studio, Psycle to a Hemsley and Hemsley in-house cafe (a first for the sisters and not to be missed). Selfridges asked me to select some of my favourite pieces, and talk a little about how I make sure I keep my work/life balance in check.


I thought my stay at the Four Seasons DIFC would make for the perfect back drop to show you my little edit, as the hotel was the perfect "calm in the storm" in the centre of Dubai's financial district. Usually my mornings in London are a bit of a rush, so it felt amazing to unwind and take the day slowly in my new found favourite pyjama bottoms (my first selection) from Skin. I've been doing my best to fit in some yoga practice, so after some coffee + a read of Emirates Woman (new found favourite magazine) I got my daily fill of "namaste" completing one of my favourite YouTube routines, found here. It's the only thing that helps me drop my tense shoulders and lower back. Saying that, after a night in the bed at the hotel (they have a special "sleep experience" where a team come and improve the pillows + mattress to your individual requirements) I felt the best I had for months!


I've spared you pictures of my practice as I'm not quite at the stage to publicise my childs pose, etc! But since giving my workout gear a severe upgrade I've found myself much more enthusiastic about getting going in the morning with some exercise. Selfridges' selection is second to none, with lots of my favourite names like Lisa Marie Fernandez, Sweaty Betty (these yoga pants are the bomb) and - new for me - The Upside (super cool prints and shapes, this is a winner). We then treated ourselves and ordered a big, hearty breakfast to the room- booked through the swanky app in the room. 



After a quick shower I changed into my robe (again from Skin, here) which has fast become an essential "rest and relax" piece. I wear it at home the minute I get back from work, the material is a great alternative to a towel (and dries super quick) and when the sun is out it's a great cover up - I wore mine by the pool in Dubai all week. Like the pyjamas bottoms they are super soft; it felt so luxurious lounging around in them in the suite as it made a welcome change from doing the same thing at home (as I work from home, I spend an unhealthy amount of time wearing sleepwear).


Following all of that food that, I felt ready to face the day! I hit the pool with a vengeance in my new Heidi Klein bikini (another Selfridges purchase, I could spend days in their swimwear section) feeling confident and happy. So much so after a Bloody Mary (or two in some people's case) 's decided to do our own version of the Nirvana album cover, complete with a dollar bill. Unfortunately I'm not all that good at holding my breath, so below was the result. 

photo from my Instagram here / bikini, Heidi Klein at Selfridges

I fully recommend paying the Body Studio a visit if you are in London as it really is a special space, failing that there is a super selection available on their website here

This post was in collaboration with Selfridges and Four Seasons.