links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 

As followers of my Instagram will already know, a couple of weekends ago I went down to Barnsley House in the Cotswolds with Claire to shoot a project for L.K.Bennett. I chose the hotel having been there before, I went down last year and had a brilliant time but more importantly knew that the gardens would be the perfect place to shoot the outfits I'd picked out. Come and have a look...

links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 

I've worked with L.K.Bennett since the very beginning of my blog and for that reason they hold a really special place in my heart. I have small feet and struggle with heels because I don't have a lot of foot raise off the ground! Their Floret style works like an absolute dream for me. I don't know how they do it, but they're the only classic heel style I can wear all day without getting uncomfortable and swear by them. I can't count the number of times I have tried other styles and quickly reverted back to the Floret, also the pairs I have from years ago are still going strong so they really are worth the value. Any way, I am hugely digressing - this post is focussing on their Fitzroy Collection and L.K.Bennett's clothing offering as much as the footwear...


links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 

From wearing their shoes so much, I've naturally progressed into wearing their clothes as L.K.Bennett's collections have developed. It's been really great to see, I think there was a pivotal moment about three years ago when they created a particular floral print midi skirt. It was everywhere; hands down "the piece" people wanted for fashion week. That led to me taking a closer look at everything else. Their blazers are always good; if you're ever after a premium basic for work you should always consider them as they're really very good. 

links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 
You guys already know I choose their dresses a lot for events, I love the fit and they work for lots of occasions so I don't mind the premium price point. For this shoot though I wanted to show you pieces that were more suitable for off-duty outfits because I don't think things like their knitwear get enough credit. This navy knit is a brilliant staple, I always get compliments when I wear it. It's smartly cut so is perfect for weekends away as you can throw it on during the day, and dress up with trousers or well cut denim and heels in the evening. I've obviously only owned this one for a few weeks, but other knits I have from them (my favourite is now 4 years old) are still going strong even though I treat them terribly and wash them on the wrong setting all the time...


links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 

Skirts are trickier for me and the fact the two featured in this post fit me and I feel good in them says a lot because I am painfully fussy. I am quite short (5 foot 4 inches) with a bum and hips, and my legs aren't my favourite part so I really need a skirt to fit me (not dig, flatter, etc) if it's going to leave the house. This one is brilliant and when I picked it out for the shoot I had everything crossed that it would work because I'm trying to wear more green and wanted something I could wear throughout the summer that was a bit smarter than the cotton ones I already own.

In short it's perfect. I love it dressed down with outfits like this but also would wear with a white shirt and heels to the office. I love that they coordinate with the trainers that have the green detail on the back. In fact I love the trainers full stop. I'm wearing them as I type and - again - have had so many compliments and questions about them. They're super comfortable, somehow smarter than a sports-brand pair - but a hell of a lot more reasonable than some of the other premium brands. Find them here, they come with green, red or blue detail at the back. 

links to products = navy knit / green skirt / trainers / sunglasses / bag 

 Now, the next outfit is almost my textbook style. Stripes, midi skirt and flat sandals. I already owned the sandals before the shoot and have been wearing them for months. They are hands down one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever worn and I'll tell anyone who will listen. Unusually for sandals I didn't get any blisters or marks on their first wear and they just seem to get better every time I wear them. Tan sandals are for me a complete essential for summer, and I love how the colour goes with raffia and the buttons on the skirt... Find them here.



 The skirt was the piece that leaped at me when I first saw the Fitzroy collection (there is also a red and white stripe version I'd recommend taking a look at, here) because I knew from previous experience of L.K.Bennett's skirts it'd fit me like a glove. Before the blog I was so hesitant to wear skirts of this length, but I've learnt that as long as the come in at the waist and ideally have buttons down the middle they can be really flattering. 


links to products = striped top / white midi skirt / raffia tote / sandals / sunglasses

 I love the skirt with the stripes, but I've since worn it with blue denim shirts, the navy knit in the previous outfits and various scrappy tops for daytime and absolutely love it. I feel really good it in, helped mainly by the belt detail at the top and the thickness of the fabric meaning it can give you a really good silhouette. 

links to products = striped top / white midi skirt / raffia tote / sandals / sunglasses

I already owned on this raffia bag and you'll most likely have seen it on my Instagram because I've used it a lot. I use L.K.Bennett for tote and clutch bags quite a lot (remember the stampede when the Mariel cross body bags first came out?) but this is quite different from them and I really love it. What I noticed most is the quality; lots of these raffia bags fall apart but this one is structured really well and keeps its shape. I can say that from experience as I accidentally left it at the bottom of my suitcase when I went to Sri Lanka and it came out looking like new despite being crinkled up for a long haul flight...

links to products = striped top / white midi skirt / raffia tote / sandals / sunglasses

Stripes wise, if you didn't know L.K.Bennett did them you really should. This isn't my first breton-style from the brand and I doubt it'll be my last. Having tried and tested hundreds of styles from various places I have to say that their ones are some of the best - and as a really boring but hopefully useful fact; even if you tumble dry them they come out without a crease.



links to products = striped top / white midi skirt / raffia tote / sandals / sunglasses

 Both these outfits were so fun to wear but the best thing about all of the pieces is that I'll wear them all lots with things I have in my wardrobe. They're all really good staples! As an additional thing, if you are looking for a weekend away I really can't recommend Barnsley House enough. The gardens are gorgeous, our room was absolutely stunning and the hot pool and spa area was gorgeous to sit out in - if you fancy it have a look here (also really recommend the lamb if you have dinner there). 

links to products = striped top / white midi skirt / raffia tote / sandals / sunglasses

*This is a paid partnership with L.K.Bennett. Photography by Claire Menary. Products were bought myself unless otherwise disclosed. This is a standard footer on all blog pieces; some links used in this post may be created with an affiliate tag meaning I will receive a small % of any purchases made as a result of clicking on them. This does not make any price difference for you, the consumer.