If you follow me on Instagram (here) you'll know I've been lucky enough to travel quite a bit this year, in fact we're currently exploring a festival island off the coast of Croatia, Obonjan. This post goes back to our Amalfi Coast road trip earlier in the summer and to a rather special hotel, Monastero Santa Rosa.




I've been saving up this post as our visit really was a bit special. We'd planned to head straight to Capri after Atrani, but having heard rumours of a 17th century monastery with an infinity pool to rival any other in the world we thought we couldn't not give it a go. That said, driving there takes some guts. We had planned to get a classic car to do the trip in but my God am I pleased we didn't - for this part of the world you want a standard, small rental car and pay the extra insurance premium. The twists, turns and mental state of some of the Italian drivers is quite something...



outfit credits in the base of this post

So we arrived, comically bedraggled after several sharp turns, wrong turns and inevitable domestic disputes along the way. As the hotel is built into the rock face, from the entrance way you don't really get that much of a sense of the wonder that lies beyond the wall. And then you see it... The view.



The inside to the hotel consists or amazing low ceilinged tunnels between rooms which were really cool to walk around, but outside really is where it's at. For a start the view above is what you get from the pool. You just don't get that anywhere else in the world, do you? The infinity pool is what dreams are made of - I didn't think I could out do one I went to in Colombia, but in comparison that one was a B&Q paddling pool... The little dot in the pool in this picture is the boy. Amazing.


Even the gym is tempting, coming from the worlds most prolific gym avoider that's quite a statement. It's outside too and overlooks the same view. I spent a good hour going around gardens too which are very special. The sun beds are all positioned to be very private, hidden behind branches and bushes in the gardens. You really do feel like you've got the place all to yourself, even though the hotel is pretty much booked out a year in advance...


outfit credits in the base of this post

Before I forget, my outfit. I was wearing a steal of a Topshop buy. Every summer when the sales start I zoom into the store and clean up with their boho style vests. I've just bought this one and this one too - so cheap it would be rude not to. My shorts are also from Topshop - the mom jean shorts. I get the "Tall" ones as they've got a bit more length in the leg (the regular ones are very short, shorts). I live in them all summer, I'm actually in them right now as I type and have just bought the black pair, here.

My shoes are from Tods. One of the best investments I've ever made. When I got them I was half ecstatic, half worried I looked like a toff. But to be honest if there is one thing posh people get right it's driving shoes. They're brilliant on holidays and nothing looks better with skinny jeans and a white shirt, or a fitted sweater at the weekend (although the pearls can go f*ck themselves, never happening). Get your own here, and check out The OutNet as they often have past season reduced ones here.



I don't know how I can best stress to you to get yourselves to this hotel. Yes it's expensive, but to be fair so it bl**dy well should be. It's one of the most impressive places I've ever been to in my entire life. Aside from the view and the venue itself, the staff were exceptional (we realised we were very close to missing our ferry to Capri and they could not have helped us more) and the food was really good. Go on, treat yourself and book it, here. You won't regret it.

Outfit Details (click on links)

me
sunglasses = as worn, Max Mara

Photos taken using an Olympus PEN EP-L7 from John Lewis here and the 45mm lens here.