After a very hectic week I'm sat next to the fire at my parents' house and do not intend to move for the rest of the day. Lopez is at my feet and I'm spending the afternoon updating my Pinterest and planning blog posts, both things have been a little neglected of late. Having spied my way through some recent street style snaps I've noticed a bit of a trend for wearing camisoles as "outerwear." By that I mean, in place of a vest top. 

image: Pernille Teisbaek / tuxedo blazer, here / blue jeans, here / camisole, here (amazing find)

I can remember this trend the first around (showing my age). I have a vivid memory of Myleene Klass being snapped in one, and recall desperately stalking ASOS (as seen on screen as it was then) to find out where she got it from..! I don't particularly like my arms so rarely wear vests unless I'm on holiday (when I live in Tibi camis), but having seen the above image of Pernille Teisbaek in hers I realised if I paired them up with my jeans and blazers they could actually look really cool...

camisole, here / handbag, here / patent brogues, here / white trousers, here / black jacket, here

Camisoles don't all look like underwear, so don't be too put off if you're a bit of a prude (like me). These ones from Iris and Ink are a really good start. The only thing I'm a bit of a stickler for is quality; I can't stand that synthetic looking "silk" - it doesn't hang properly, and therefore doesn't fit well. This doesn't mean you need to spend a huge amount, you can find some good bargains at the moment like these from J Crew which are half price (the light blue and the dust grey are my favourites). Similarly these from And Other Stories, and these from Skin are really good finds... However the best and most surprising find was this from Next. £20!!!

My Edit:

to view the edit turn off you're ad blocker, or use these links: 1. black Protagonist at Net A Porter / 2. grey Equipment at Net A Porter (cashmere) / 3. light blue, J Crew / 4. black with feathers, Tibi at Net A Porter / 5. green Tibi at The OutNet / 6. black with lace, Next

More on the "investment" side of things Net A Porter is obviously a really good start. Old favourite names like Equipment have some goodies here and here (cashmere!), Tibi have some amazing new additions (this one with the feathers = its love) and then newer names to me like Protagonist have really good ones, this black one is gorgeous. Overall, it's definitely a look I'm going to be trying out for spring with my new black tuxedo blazer (from L.K Bennett, I'm obsessed).

I hope you guys have a wonderful, lazy weekend!