Last week I posted this top from Marks and Spencer on my Instagram, more to show off a new blow dry from Duck and Dry than anything else. I don't really make habit of putting iPhone selfies on the blog, but so many of you have asked about it I thought I'd just use the same photo rather than shooting it all over again...


I usually save off the shoulder tops for holidays, but I've decided I'm making an exception. As a tip, go a size down if you buy this particular one as there is a lot of fabric to play with - and Marks and Spencer tends to be quite a generous fit anyway... They can be a little bit "man repeller" - the boyfriend did not understand this outfit at all, although he did later say he really liked the fact I wasn't wearing a bra (more fool him, I was obviously wearing a strapless one - this one - men are idiots).


As we really don't care what boys think, here are some other options for off the shoulder tops that I've tracked down. First up, the ultimate "when I get paid quite a bit" must have from Alice and Olivia here - I meeeeean who doesn't want to dress up as Frieda Pinto and ride around India on a donkey in this little beauty? This striped Ganni top is gorgeous for weekends, and brands like Free People are equally good for "down days" with pieces like this and this. ASOS have some good finds, like this denim one. And lastly, this one from Reiss is a brilliant one if you're looking for something a little smarter.