I'm not sure about you, but 2016 feels like it's running away with me. January has already gone, this week marks the middle of February... Before we know it we'll be basking in the wonderful British summer sunshine. I jest...  Last week was absolutely crazy - tasks being thrown around left, right and centre. We decided to escape it for a couple of days this weekend and go up to see my parents. They live in London too, but I hadn't been there yet this year (which gives some indication of how busy things have been). Home really is where the heart is; nothing ever changes and I felt my shoulders relax the minute I stepped through the door. I was straight into my spot in the living room; next to the fire with a mug of tea and the papers. Bliss.


Outfit wise, comfort is key. I disappeared into Mum's wardrobe and pulled out this oversize cardigan from Quba. So cozy, without being too thick and heavy. Funnily enough I was in my "London is always a good idea" T shirt from BA&SH, which made me laugh as I've been pondering over leaving the city recently. I do really love the capital, but it's very very hectic. As much as it is the "place to be" for what I do, the world is becoming more and more global every day. It raises the question; do we need to be here? I digress...


My jeans are my "forever pair" from Topshop here, you're probably bored of me talking about them. The fit was an unexpected success for me - at 5 foot 4 I didn't think the "mom jean" would work for me but I feel super confident in them and wear them at least twice a week... You can probably spot my yoga bra underneath too - this was a gift from White Stuff over Christmas. It's one of those sportswear pieces you swear blind you won't get into the habit of wearing unless exercising - but it's so damn comfortable you can't resist. Oops.

Any who, the weekend break gave me some time to relax and think about things I want to get done (or in the habit of) in February. Here they are:
  1. London Fashion Week - It's very easy to get huge FOMO during this time, as Instagram and all the social media channels seam to burst with all the "look at me at this party" selfies + front row seats. Quite frankly, it's not for me. I find the shows pretty boring. That said, it's a great time to catch up with friends as everyone is in town. So I'm making sure thats my focus, and not worrying about whether my invites were lost in the post...
  2. Wardrobe Declutter - We move at the end of the month (where to remains a big question) and so I am downsizing like a mother f*cker. If I have two similar things, one goes - without question. Even if I love it. Last week I had a little cry over parting with SEVEN denim shirts. Even some of my twenty five Breton shirts are going to be finding new homes. Keep an eye on my Vestiaire Collective account here if you fancy anything.
  3. Pancake Day - YES. Pancakes aren't optional in my house, they're religion. I've been pretty unwell recently and struggling to eat much, but this Tuesday I am 100% going to indulge - even if it means swallowing a pharmacy afterwards. I cover mine in orange squash (don't knock it till you've eaten it) or cheese and ham. Yum. 
  4. The blog - South Molton St Style turns five next week and I've been thinking lots about where it's going and what I'm going to do with it moving forward. It would be great to hear what you all think, content you enjoy or would like to see more/less of. Please do email me here with your ideas...
  5. Yoga - I've got the bug. Since acquiring new kit from White Stuff and Theory (thank you) I've got a new lease of life for all things yogi. I've even broken a promise I made to myself long ago and am practising with the boy - most days! We've found a great series on YouTube here - try the one for tense shoulders, it's amazing!
  6. Plan weekends away - I am itching to get a proper city break in the diary. My T-Shirt's brand BA&SH are running a competition on their Facebook page here to win one - so get on it pronto! I'm thinking a couple of days in Paris could be good for the soul, non?
Whatever the week has in store for you I hope it's a good one - it's apparently supposed to rain all week in London. Wrap up warm, or stay in and snuggle.