One of the main reasons we picked our area to live in was how dog friendly it was (ironic as the dog himself isn't dog friendly at all). Seconds from our place is the Heath, and all the paths and streets that lead to it are so quite we can pretty much have the place to ourselves which suits Lopez perfectly as he isn't one to share... Here are a few pics of us on a typical weekend walk...

outfit details at the base of this post

I'm wearing (pretty much) head to toe Monsoon... Longer term followers of my blog will remember I paired up with them over the summer during my trip to the Amalfi Coast. Before that it had been a while since I'd even considered shopping there, I'd assumed the collections wouldn't suit me. But after wearing pieces like this black dress and this white and blue number the brand are firmly back on my radar (as it seems to be for the majority of fashion peeps these days, the bun fight over this shirt this season is quite funny). 

outfit details at the base of this post

The coat was the first thing I picked out, it was on my hit-list since their press day. The colour goes with everything. I mean everything - it's work acceptable, more interesting than the standard neutrals and stands out as a bit special. It's also incredibly soft, like wearing a blanket. Find it here, they also have a super bright-pink crombie coat here that I've got my eye on...

outfit details at the base of this post

The jumper is a really solid staple. The peplum hides a multitude of sins, again very soft (and - nerdy comment - washes really well). Navy goes with everything, I've packed it for over Christmas as it's smart and shaped enough to wear with jeans and heels, but also good for this kind of thing (walks, Sundays, etc). Find it here

outfit details at the base of this post

Now the boots. An unexpected success... When I first saw them I thought they might be a bit, old, if you know what I mean. Then they arrived and - first things first - they are so warm and snuggly I didn't know what to do other than giggle. They remind me of proper winter walks as a child and the nostalgia just makes me love them. They look great with skinny fit jeans (although these cropped ones perfectly sit on top of them) too, and mean that I can chase after the dog when he decides to show a poor, unsuspecting squirrel whats-what... Find them here (pssst they're also in the sale...).

Outfit Details (click link to shop)
jeans = as worn, Donna Ida at Jaeger (in the sale)
sunglasses = as worn, Fendi

This post was written in collaboration with Monsoon, all text and images my own. Photos taken using the Olympus PL7 at John Lewis here.