Not sure about you but the long weekend could not have come soon enough. I did have plans to go away, but annoyingly was tied to London for the whole holiday. So, we decided to be tourists in our own town and headed into Mayfair on Friday for some lunch. We started off at Brown Hart Gardens (a little hidden gem a block down from Selfridges. The sun was shining, the sunglasses were out - all in all, being at home seemed very much ok...


There is no question that suede jackets are in at the moment. I've had my eye on Millie's one here for weeks. The lovely team at Jaegar sent me this one and I thought I'd give it a test. I wasn't sure about the colour at first but actually its great and stands out a little, but not too much. It looks great denim, and varies from appearing green and grey. Butter soft too.


I've decided I want to make more of an effort to wear colour, without breaking away from my capsule stuff. As you can see, I'm still in my faithful Breton (this one is from Boden, here) and jeans (from Paige Denim, the absolute best, here) but I'm trying to break away from simple things like wearing brown leather rather than black, and pops of colour in my accessories...


With that in mind I have updated my Astley Clarke bangles with some extra, brighter colours. The snowdrop charmed green jewelled one here, the blue evil eye charm here and an updated red beaded hamza one here. I wore my Marc by Marc Jacobs mint green sunglasses, here which I have loved since I got them in September last year (here I am in Paris wearing them for the first time). I find this colour really handy when you want to step away from black/blue/grey but don't want to make too much of a statement.

bracelets: astley clarke: green here, red here, blue here / bag, Reiss 

My super new bag is from Reiss. I have quite a few handbags and clutches from them and I really think they're the only "high street" brand who really get accessories. This one is not crazily expensive at all and feels like a proper designer bag. It's going to be perfect to go with a couple of summer wedding outfits, and coincidentally matches my Carven bow tie pumps perfectly. Orange is such a fun colour to wear - get the bag here. My boots are a new addition in the sale at L.K.Bennett - a total success as they go so well with all of my floaty maxi dresses and skirts as well as the obvious denim combos... Find them here.


Enough about me and my clothes as I want to give a proper mention to our lunch venue, 8 Mount Street. Tucked away in the peaceful red bricked Mayfair streets, you wouldn't believe you were second from the busiest high street in the world. The restaurant is fairly new, and as the weather was so good we sat outside after having a proper nose of their bar and outside mint garden...


We let the staff choose our meal for us, as I normally do when reviewing a place. I'd heard about their savoury creme brulee starter but wasnt quite prepared for how amazing it was going to be... Equally the beetroot and goats cheese salad and the burrata were out of this world. There was no way we could have finished it (in truth one starter will serve two people comfortably) as we had poussin and dover sole for main courses - before the grand finale of their "apple, apple, apple" dessert; apple mousse, apple tarts and apple crumble. It really is worth a visit and I really do recommend you do. It feels special without feeling ostentatious and the staff were absolutely lovely.


We then met up with some friends and giggled over how cheeky it felt doing so little on a "work day." With the sun being out, London was gorgeous and after a few weeks of solid grey/rain it reminded me how much I do love living in the capital.  I hope you have a wonderful Easter break, whatever you are doing, and that it helps you hit the reset button - as that's my goal for the weekend. Happy Sunday, and Happy Easter!


Shop my whole outfit here (if you cannot see pictures below, disable your ad blocker or use the text links)



suede trench coat, Jaegar / breton tee, Boden (in the sale) / jeans, Paige Denim at Selfridges / sunglasses, Marc by Marc Jacobs / bag, Reiss / boots, L.K Bennett 

Thank you to Finch and Partners for arranging our lunch!